Universal adhesion with advanced delivery
Adhese Universal is a single-component, light-cured adhesive for direct and indirect bonding procedures and all etching protocols. It is the only universal bonding agent available in the efficient VivaPen delivery form.
Users of Adhese Universal are delighted by the new, innovative and user-friendly VivaPen delivery form, which provides up to four times more applications per ml compared with conventional bottles . Adhese Universal offers reliably high adhesion values and the included desensitising effect ensures minimal risk of postoperative sensitivities .
Convince yourself of the benefits of the user-friendly VivaPen. Its pen-like design and bendable tip allow you to apply the adhesive quickly and effectively directly in the patient's mouth . It does not have to be predispensed into a mixing well.
- Simple application protocol: fast and controlled application directly in the patient's mouth 
- Precise dispensing due to the improved "click" mechanism
- Reliable high bond strength (> 25 MPa) on enamel and dentin irrespective of the etching protocol used or the moisture conditions on the tooth surface
- Minimised risk of postoperative sensitivity under dry and wet conditions 
- Predictable high bond strength (> 25 MPa) on enamel and dentine
- Integrated desensitising effect that minimizes the risk of postoperative sensitivity 
- Predictable high bond strength (> 25 MPa) on enamel and dentin
- Integrated desensitising effect that minimises the risk of postoperative sensitivity 
- Since Adhese Universal can be applied very thinly, you have all the freedom you need to create aesthetically demanding restorations
- Low film thickness (approx. 10 μm) after light-curing ensures a precise fit when cementing indirect restorations
- Direct-placed light-curing composite and compomer restorations
- Direct-placed core build-ups with light-, self- and dual-curing composites (no activator required with dual-curing composites)
- Repair of fractured composite and compomer restorations
- Desensitisation of hypersensitive cervical areas
- Sealing of prepared tooth surfaces before the temporary / permanent cementation of indirect restorations
- Adhesive cementation of indirect restorations with light- and dual-curing luting composites (no activator required with dual-curing luting cements)
- Suitable as a primer for restorations made from Tetric CAD composite blocks
Suited to Variolink Esthetic [5-7]
Quality that stands out
The first working steps decisively influence the aesthetic appearance and quality of the final restoration. Here is a detailed overview of the numerous advantages of Adhese Universal:
High bond strength for greater confidence
Adhese Universal achieves high bond strength values (> 25 MPa) on enamel and dentin irrespective of the etching protocol used or the moisture conditions on the tooth surface. Predictable, high bond strength values allow you to work with confidence.
Minimised risk of postoperative sensitivity 
Adhese Universal features an integrated desensitising effect, which eliminates the need for a separate desensitising agent. Adhese Universal forms a mechanical barrier and seals the dentin tubules under wet and dry conditions.
Hypersensitivity can be one of the most challenging concerns for dentists in clinical practice. The integrated desensitising effect of Adhese Universal minimises the risk of postoperative sensitivity without the application of a separate desensitising agent. Adhese Universal provides uniform mechanical blockage and sealing of the dentine tubules under wet and dry conditions. As a result, a homogeneous adhesive layer with defined resin tags is formed, which effectively seals the dentin. The movement of dentinal fluid within the tubules as well as postoperative sensitivity associated with that movement are minimised.
Low layer thickness for precise luting and aesthetic results
Since Adhese Universal can be applied very thinly, you have all the freedom you need to create aesthetic direct and indirect restorations. The adhesive establishes a sound foundation for achieving customized solutions and aesthetic results.
Adhese Universal provides threefold efficiency. It is suitable for universal use, reduces the amount of material wasted and requires only short light exposures.
- 1x 2ml Adhese Universal VivaPen
- 100x VivaPen snap-on cannulas
- 20x VivaPen protective sleeves
1] Except in cases, where sufficient exposure to curing light cannot be ensured (e.g. adhesive cementation of endodontic posts.)
 Berndt & Partner, VivaPen Benchmarking Study, Study Report, April 2022
 Platt J.A. et al., Dentaleconomics, 2016, p.71-72
 A protective sleeve must be used in intraoral procedures.
 Maassen, et al., J.Prosthet Dent, 2021, p. 182-188
 Aslan Y U et al., Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent, 2019 (27), p. 131-140
 Elsayed A et al., IADR Abstract #2657, 2017